Sunday, November 23, 2008

KITTY, KITTY, KITTY, KITTY, KITTY ! ! !

I love red shoes !

Well, I love anything red!

Red gives spike, spice and heat to anything it colors.

When I was 16, I bought myself a pair of red patent-leather pump shoes. With my own money! I had seen them in a store window and fell in love with them. I just adored them! They were so joyfull, audacious, bold and pretty! I ended up never wearing them that much but they had a special spot on a shelf in my room, then in my studio.

Then, one day, I noticed my black cat ZoZo fighting with them. She was attacking them, turning them over, biting them to death !!! She literally killed them !

I was disapointed yet the scene was just perfect! A black cat on red shoes or a turquoise checkered carpet! This image will stay with me forever!

I thought I should immortalize this memory by making it into a fun pop-style painting.

It is available on Ebay right now or if you do not want to wait for the auction to end, you can snatch it on Etsy.

Also, do not forget I have a large assortment of prints available in my Esty store as well as on eBay and I will keep on adding more. They are on sale till the end of the year, Buy 2 and Get the 3rd FREE !

I think you should run and check it out !

8 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Quel Zozo !!! Funny story ! Great pop piece !

I love red shoes too ! I have beautiful red suede hiking boots that I just re-found in my closet clean up this weekend. I have had them for years, but I think it is time to wear them again ! Only problem is that if they get wet, they dye my socks pink !!!I think it is worth it though !

Have a great week, Lulu !

Crescendo said...

Très belles réalisations, couleurs très fraiches et un petit coucou de France !

snippetgirl said...

You are totally after my heart!!! A cat AND red heels....so purrfect :). I love my red suede platform pumps and of course, i love my cats. What a fun and whimsical combination.
Many purrs,
Carrie the SnipPet Girl

jean benabou said...

Yep! I too had a pair of beautiful red pumps(I also only wore them a couple of times) that I loved!
The illustration is great!
p.s. thank you for visiting my site and leaving such nice comments!

glorv1 said...

I thought that was such a cute story. I never had red shoes, but I had a pair of red pj's that I loved so much. I love the colors. Take care.

Leslie said...

Red is my favorite color too and kitties are my favorite of all the domestic pets! So, I especially love this painting! The contrasting colors are so fresh.

Come on over to my place and check my new kitty watercolor and while you're there if you could help me out, I'd appreciate that too!

Blessings,

Leslie

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

How sweet and all my favorite colors. This is just so wonderfully whimsical! I love it! I just wanted to come by to wish you a wonderfully rich and happy holiday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us all!

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

I think people who love red are very extra special! I just wish I had red hair:)
Tacy