Thursday, November 27, 2008

FELIZ NAVIDAD FRIDA ! ! !

Don't you love this busy time of the year?

I do! There are so many things to be done, baking to be thought ahead, paintings to be painted in quantity, gifts to be made or purchased, cards to be sent, festive music to be played, lists to be read, vacations to be expected ...

I wanted this new Frida painting to be Christmas and Holidays related but yet I wanted it to be an image you would want to display all year round. I wanted it to be festive, romantic and poetic a la Mexicana! Dont't you love the little cactus tree with the star on top? And the red skirt with the skulls flowers? And the string of lights?

I like this one very much, I hope you do too !

Feliz Navidad Frida is on eBay right now and as usual it is also available on Etsy at a fixed price if you want it, and you want it NOW!

Gotta go back to work, even though it is Friday night ... I have a couple of fun new paintings to finish ...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and that all your Christmas shopping is now done (joke :D)

I will blablabla longer tomorrow ...

13 comments:

Bettina said...

Bella,bella,bella!Exellent work!Ilikke very much!!!:)

glorv1 said...

I like it! Frida is my idol. Great work.

Kim Mailhot said...

Frida is wonderful ! Her skirt is so gorgeous, Lulu, withy her little skulls ! Beautiful job !

Carolyn said...

sigh! it has been so long since I have painted, your new things are so perfectly pretty! i love them!

catboxartstudio said...

I loooooooove this Frida! It would make a perfect Christmas card! So, so pretty!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Frida is lovely! It's so beautiful! You really have this color thing down! It's just fabulous how you do this! I want to be like you when I grow up. Seriously, how do you come up with this! Great... NO Excellent work!

Couture de Papier said...

I love your work!

Leslie said...

Absolutely beautiful Lulu-your colors are so vibrant and filled with energy. I love all of your Frida's and all of your art. You are so talented!

Leslie

Pea said...

wow.. so beautiful, colourful and lively. very charming !

Bumpkin Bears said...

Beautiful, I love your art - so vibrant :) Catherine x

sUz said...

oh she's too much fun LuLu! Love her!
iN jOy,
sUz

aliceinparis said...

Yay Frida! So full of holiday festiveness!! (is that a word? :))

Anonymous said...

I love your illustrations! Specially those little Fridas. But why the skulls on a Christmas card?
I am a Mexican living in the U.S. and I love my country too. Unfortunately, Mexico is not doing that great this days. And eventhough, skulls are part of our culture during Dia de Muertos, nowadays it also represents the current religion many drug dealers profess to the Death. Mexicans are not so fascinated with the skull motif as many may think.