Sunday, November 9, 2008

BLAME IT ON THE FULL MOON COMING ...

Arrrrrrr !!! My laptop gave up on me last Tuesday, it went poof! and died with a last breath ... And since it was not its first emergency visit to the doctor this year, I decided that it was time to pull the switch and say goodbye to it for good. May you rest in peace, darling ...

I got myself a brand new Dell laptop, ordered it by phone and was supposed to get it quickly... But, the days went by and nothing was showing up at my door... I checked with Dell and the order had been mixed with someone else's ...

It finally arrived Friday night and it is so new and so spiffy and so fast that it scares me !!! But ... I can now blog and email and list properly !!!

So, I got my paintings lined up, ready to be photographed and guess what? Poof! went my camera, yes the same camera I just purchased a couple of weeks ago ...

Oh, yeah! Before I forget! My coffee-maker went Arrrrr! then Poof! this morning, hum, hum, no coffee on a Sunday morning, how's that for beginning a new line on the November page of my calendar?

So, I have decided to do nothing major until Thursday, November 13, which is full moon day. I think it is wise, just in case ...

Don't you agree?

I finished this little Cat Angel with Doll painting last week and was lucky I could snap a picture of it while the alignment of the stars was right for me :D I am quite happy with it since I achieved to give it a certain Victorian flair working with a softer palette. This remind me of a set of cat paper dolls I had when I was real young and which I adored ... You can bid on it on eBay right now ...

I will be posting more original paintings on eBay and Etsy this week and adding more prints too. Do you realize how quickly Noel is coming?

I have also received little treats from fellow blogging artists but I will tell you more about it later this week ...

And guess what else?

On November 22nd, it will be 1 year since I started blabbing on this blog of mine ! And guess what else again? It means I will have another fabulous GiveAway Contest to celebrate this anniversary! MyPinkTurtle will be 1 year-old!

So, stay tuned for more details, more art and more news and more ...

7 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Wow! What's going on up there? What a string of luck!
Nice new laptop though...that's good news.
Love the kitty painting, especially the little kitty doll. :)

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

xo
Di

glorv1 said...

Lulu, so sorry about your laptop, glad you got another one. I plan on ordering a Dell laptop, let me know how yours works out. Sometime when it rains, it pours. Congrats on your upcoming year blogging. Have a great Sunday and week ahead.

Tammy said...

Hopefully, the rest of your week will prove better for electronic and appliances.

I look forward to seeing the new posts.

snippetgirl said...

This painting is SO super cute! I am now watching it in My Ebay. As a fellow cat and art lover, i totally appreciate your artwork. I am so glad that i ran across you. I just added you to my blog favorites. Here is my link: http://snippetgirl.blogspot.com/
I have 6 cats of my own, so i can relate to your menagerie of animals :)!
Take care and many purrs to you,
Carrie Murtha
Lexington KY

Kim Mailhot said...

Sounds like there is a joker playing around in your neck of the woods, Miss Lulu ! You are probably right, it may be better to wait until after the full moon to do anything major !;-)

I bought an new super laptop from Dell about 6 months ago and I love it ! (I had to get the green one - my favorite color !) Good luck with your new baby and may the rest of the week be "joker" free !

Italian Girl in Georgia ~ Suzanne MacCrone said...

Hey LuLu,

You are so funny even though funny things did not happen...I have just finished backing up everything on my computer because so many are crashing these daze!

Can't wait to get my gorgeous prints from you.

Ciao amica and buon anniversario,

Suzanne

Carolyn said...

Nice!! Everything fits in just perfectly.
Carolyn