Sunday, October 12, 2008

GIVING THANKS FOR THANKSGIVING ...

We had a glorious day en famille yesterday, it was mild and sunny and just beautiful! My parents were here as well as my brother with the cousins and an assortment of friends. We had a late lunch outside under the bright yellow and red maple trees who occasionaly shed a leaf, which added a touch for a perfect ambiance. We ate, we hugged, we laughed, we talked, we listened, we played freesbie, we walked in the woods, we went for canoe ride on the pond, we ate more, laughed and talked more and really enjoyed the few hours we spent together.

Today was even more beautiful, if at all possible, with a bluer sky, tons of birds chirping in the trees, clouds like puffs of whipped cream and a combination of earth and fire colors that would be hard not to notice.

Francois repainted the trimming of the house and the windows while Ulysse goofed around with his friend Scott and I cleaned the garden. A perfect day, the dogs basking in the sun like whales on the beach, the cats running after each other on the balcony and the chicken keeping me company.

The vegetation is turning gold and orange and chartreuse and rust and brick, oh! a beautiful color palette, my favorite of all.

We ate the last cherry tomatoes hanging on the vines while sipping a nice glass of red wine from one of the vineyards nearby. I cut the last pumpkins and the tall sunflowers stalks and put them all on my old garden table. When I turned and looked at it, I thought the tableau was just perfect. The sunflowers' center with all the seeds perfectly embedded never ceases to fascinate me.

I laid on my bench near the flower bed between hostas, dahlias and raspberries, closed my eyes and gave thanks for all I have. Health, love, family, happiness, peace ... Gave thanks because I am so lucky to live my life this way, safe and sound with the ones I love ... Because so many people around the world do not have a fraction of what I have. Not even hope ...

I am so very, very thankful.

3 comments:

sweetmango said...

I love where you live, I love hearing about where you live...thank you for sharing your life with us :)

marianne said...

LuLU, I realize that you are as good a writer as you are a painter. You Love of Life or Joie de Vie comes through everything you say and do! SO nice to be able to know you!4

chandlerguera said...

My ultimate Halloween costume would be Annie Oakley, the famous American female sharpshooter. My boyfriend could be Buffalo Bill Cody. Since we live in the Wild, Wild West (Arizona), these costumes would be a big hit!