Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DIEGO, I OFFER YOU MY HEART ...

The response to my Frida paintings is amazing! And it warms my heart since she is my favorite subject to paint.

A collector just asked me if I could paint a life-size Frida! He will offer it to his wife for Christmas. Imagine! It will be so much fun to paint it in such a size, so much space to add plenty of tiny details!

Once again, it was a pleasure working on this Frida's Ofrenda to Diego painting. If you feel lucky, it is available on eBay.

Have fun bidding on it!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

She looks great! I'll look forward to seeing your life size painting..The bigger the better when it comes to art : )

Diane Duda said...

Your Fridas are amazing! I can't wait to see your life-size version too. Keep us updated on the progress.

xo
Di

Kim Mailhot said...

Wow ! A life size Frida painting by Lulu will be magnificent !!! What a wonderful commission for you and for your collector and his wife ! Congratulations !

glorv1 said...

Oh how wonderful. I have a series of paintings I did on Frida. I never thought though of painting her in the way you do, and that is just so much fun. I will have to try it one day. Congrats on the responses you are getting.

Amy H. said...

Your Frida's are wonderful. And a custom, life sized piece - how fun! I can't wait to see it.

Tammy said...

Your artwork is gorgeous and so happy with all of the colors and bits that go into each piece.
I love it!
Tammy

Jenn said...

ooooh...a LIFE SIZED painting of Frida!? Fabulous:):)

happy day to yoU!
xox...jenn