Thursday, October 9, 2008

CATGIRL AND BIKEBOY ...

I finished the 3rd painting in my Halloween serie today, this little catgirl trick or treating with a friend. It has been a real pleasure working with the same palette through the serie so far, playing with the same darker colors in different schemes and then looking at them finished, mounted together side by side. I am working on a larger one in the same serie, maybe one more than that will be it for the Halloween market. My little Halloween Cat Trio is available on eBay tonite! ***SOLD***

Today felt like an end of August day, mild, sunny and breezy. It was hard to stay inside working in my studio rather than cleaning up the garden, which I should be doing as soon as possible, before the real cold arrives, the one that freezes your hands in a jiffy and makes them rough and cracked like sand paper.

Ulysse and I went for a walk with the dogs right before sunset and the sky above us looked so low, it felt heavy with all those fluffy and thick clouds.

Bikeboy had a riot doing tricks in the potholes on the road and when I turned to watch him it looked like the sky was about to swallow him!

When we came back the sun pierced through the dark clouds and it reminded me of when as a kid I would dig a tunnel in the snow for hours and how the light would shine when I finally reached the other end of the bank, first a tiny hole than a big round circle of bright!

Tonite was a real catch-that-perfect-moment-and-hide-it-in-your-heart one ... Breathtaking and more beautiful than anything else ...

6 comments:

marianne said...

LuLU couldn't stop myself... I featured you on my blog today! I will post this link to it for you and your visitors!! have a wonderful fall day!!
MArianne
http://clancysclassics.blogspot.com/

Kim Mailhot said...

What a beautiful post about a beautiful moment!
Enjoy your long weekend!

Jenn said...

Love your Halloween paintings lulu:):) the colors are really amazing...you have such a way with them!!!

That sky is gorgeous...completely magical. And the color in those trees! Spectacular.

enjoy your weekend!!
xox...jenn

Bettina said...

Lulu:so beautiful the paradise where you live!:)And the fridas...no tengo palabras(dont have words)Have a nice weekend!:)

bLu eYd YoGi said...

hey sweetie pie lulu! I think I will just sell the rest of my halloween art & get going on Christmas! I LOVE your pics of the fall~ inhale...exhale.... YES!
Have a great weekend!
LOVE.e
p.s. love the new painting!

Carolyn said...

Love those Fall photos!