Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CANDYCORN LANDSCAPES ...

Here and there, they are everywhere ...

I can not walk or drive or look around without marveling at the beauty of the colors this fall. The light is low and casts wonderful long shadows. The sun rises so late in the morning and is just too lazy to go up in the sky. So it stays slumped just above the horizon and goes to bed pretty early too. By 7 p.m. it is dark outside and we have not even turn back the clock one hour yet ...

Ah! the smell of the leaves shrivelling on on the ground and their crunchy sound when you walk in them. Rich and mysterious and back-to-mother-nature senses ...

Each year, we rake the sugar maple leaves in the back of our house to make a BIG pile as high and thick as possible. Then, we run as fast and hard as we can and jum in it to the risk of smashing in each other and breaking something ...

We are still sleeping outside despite the frisky nights and when we woke up this morning our blankets were covered with leaves.

There is something magic about all this autumn process ... Everything going to sleep for a while to be born again in spring or lying down for good and transforming itself into earth itself.

Mother Earth is such an appropriate name for the planet. Because, if you think about it, life is a circle of seasons.

And nothing else matters ...

7 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Ah! Beautiful photos!!!
I've been trying to remind my boy's to enjoy the beauty of nature this fall. You really only get to see it around 80-90 times in your lifetime... if you're lucky.
That doesn't seem like enough somehow.

xo
Di

marianne said...

LuLu.. I love love these images! I long to come to where the trees turn with the season. Your images are so evocative of my old home state of Michigan where the maples on the farm left us piles to dive into! Ah those wonderful fall memories.. my favorite time of the year. I love the image of the hidden tree fort.. what a lucky lucky home owner that is.. just magical! Marianne

Kimberly said...

Breath taking! I love fall:)

Kimberly

Amy Sullivan said...

~Look at your beautiful boy~
That one should be framed in a beautiful frame~maybe made by his MoM~
lOVE IT~
I have been loving this fall ~So Much!
LuLu~ again~ I love my visits here~
oxo~Amy~

Jenn said...

breathtaking lulu!!
I have a picture of my little Henry in a pile of leaves just like that! It's one of my all time favorite shots:):):)
enjoy your weekend!!
xox...jenn

love.boxes said...

Beautiful photos!

Ahama said...

Blueberryfields told me,You have wonderful landscapes photos. She was right :))