Tuesday, September 9, 2008

PURPLE AND VIOLET AND MAUVE ...

... in the nature at this time of the year always surprise, astonish and delight me. Just as we are getting ready for the warm hues of autumn, pink apples, orange pumpkins, yellow giant sunflowers, these colors suddenly appear a certain day in September...

Lilac and grape New England wilds asters of all shades bloom freely in the fields and are among my favorite wild flowers.

And a blue-ish plum, crushed blackberry and beet juice bruised sky sunset like the one that showed off tonite leave me speechless...

Oh, oh.... I saw a flock of Canada Wild Geese heading south this morning, the first of the season. Hearing their so poignant sound has they fly reminds me that, if you believe old tales, snow will be here in 3 weeks ...

I worked hard again today in my studio and should have a new Frida painting done by the end of the day tomorrow ...

Then a few Halloween ones are on their way too ...

It will be a chilly night tonite with the moon getting almost round but 42 degrees Farenheight will not prevent us from sleeping outside again tonite ...

French-Canadian women are tough, hey?

3 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Tough, but sweet. :)
You always have such beautiful photos to share. Makes me want to pack up a move there.

xo
di

Carol B. said...

Lulu, what a beautiful photo and post! As beautiful as the constantly encouraging words you have for me. Thank you for the kind comments about the opening of my Etsy Shop. Can't wait to see your new work!
Carol B.

Carolyn said...

oh these photos!
there is something about the transition between the seasons of summer and autumn that is so bittersweet yet beautiful....