Thursday, September 11, 2008

LES GIRLZ AND A SUNFLOWER ...

Today was beautiful !

Clear blue sky with puffy white clouds, tiny warm breeze and plenty of sunshine. I sat down on the grass behind the garden, during my morning break, and as I looked up, one of the giant sunflowers was watching me ... Head bent, bright and cheery, swaying on its long stem like if it was swimming underwater. Tournesol or girasol means in French or Spanish "turn toward the sun". Beautiful name, isn't it?

Les Girlz is composed of our 5 chickens and our rooster, who sometimes acts like an grumpy old lady. One of the white chicks was not feeling well lately...

There is such a big difference between a not-well avian and a health one. Normally they move non-stop, peck, peck, peck, scratch, scratch, scratch, scream and sing and laugh once in a while then lay an egg a day. But this one was quiet, slow, skinny, tired and dirty. So, I thought she must have eaten something that did not agree with her stomach. I tried different vitamins and remedies but nothing worked. I thought she would not survive ...

Then, yesterday, I had the brilliant idea of giving her a bit of an Immodium (diarrhea) pill. Well, it worked ! Today, when I opened the coop's door, she was the first out stepping down the ramp! Hurray! My Pretty is feeling better!

My new Frida painting is done but there was not enough light later this afternoon to snap a good picture of it. I will show it to you tomorrow and I think you will like it!

6 comments:

michelle said...

Wow,you have been taking such pretty pictures!

Amy Sullivan said...

Lulu~
That is wonderful! I am so happy to hear your chicken is feeling better.
And~ Brilliant, the health of animals, is not so different than our own health.~ I can only imagine how happy she made you as she greeted you at the door.
When ever I visit here ~ I just want to stay.So, full of life!
~Amy~

Bettina said...

Lulu:one question....are you in the paradise?So wonderful photos.Besos.

Susan said...

Your pictures have been great lately, is it the camera, or the scenery or the photographer? I think it is a combination of all. I am also happy your chicken is feeling better. I have a friend that has lots of chickens and he has to come up with things to help, just like you did. Take care, Susan

Dawnie said...

sunflower is beautiful, I also enjoyed the picture of sleeping outside...i'm not happy summer is leaving!

blueberries in the fields said...

Mais bonjour ! Je viens de découvrir ton blog que je trouve tres jolie d'ailleurs et ça me fait d'autant plus plaisir de lire que tu vis au Québec tout comme moi. Je suis de la région de mirabel, je vis aussi dans une maison de campagne avec ma plus jeune fille, mon mari, mon chat et mes poules. :) je veux surtout te dire que tes peintures sont fabuleuses! tu connaîtras sûrement ungrand succès en ouvrant ton « etsy shop ». Je t'ajoutes a ma liste de favoris, car je tiens vraiment à venir te visiter de tant a autres.
bon week end a toi et ta famille !
Monique