Thursday, September 18, 2008

A GUARDIAN ANGEL FOR MY CAT MOOLI ...

Mooli was a fine cat. Mooli was a completely black cat that I adopted, together with his also totally black sister, Moogwai. I drove by a shabby pet shop in a little town out of Montreal and spotted both these cats on Halloween eve. They did not look too good, skinny, dirty eyed, very quiet and week ... I couldn't help myself, their sight haunted me for the entire day. When I talked to Francois and mentioned them, he simply said: "Why didn't you buy them?"

So, I ran back to the store and got them both for $10.00 !!! I was happy to carry my box of kittens back home but when I opened it, the cats were not doing good at all ...

We spent the night taking care of them, especially my dog Chili who adopted them and licked them to keep them clean. I took them to the vet in the morning and he told me they had Distemper. Not a good news ... He suggested that we put them to sleep since they did not have much hope of surviving. Well, they did survive, both of them and lived for 12 happy years! They were affectionate and beautiful identical cats which acted like dogs, sleeping with them and growling at strangers at the door...

Moogwai suddently disapeared last fall, at the same time as two of our other cats and she never came back home. There were weasels around that week and we supposed she got snatched by one of them. Well, that is what happens to cats who go outside in the countryside. They spend their day inside sleeping on the beds but love to go party at night. And everybody knows, there are monsters and other spooky creatures out there in the dark...

Mooli was not himself lately. Our little "pig" hardly ate and got quite skinny. I had an appointment scheduled with the vet a week ago but when I tried to find him, he had disapeared too ...

Yesterday night, I went for my usual walk with the dogs and we found him lying very quiet in the grass near the entrance to the tiny old cemetary. He was dead ...

I took him back home, wrapped him in his favorite blanket and buried him under the wild apple tree where all are departed animal companions were already waiting for him.

Mooli had a wonderful life and he left ours the same way he had entered it, in the wink of an eye ...

Today, I painted this little Cat Guardian Angel in honor of Mooli and it is available on eBay right now. It is bold and colorful and joyful and the hand-written inscription reads "tous les chats vont au paradis" which in French means "all cats go to paradise". The collaged letters read "toujours dans mon coeur" which translate to "always in my heart".

You will always be in our heart, Mooli. You were a mighty fine cat ...

Time to learn how to fly now ...

6 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Awww! I'm so sorry about your kitty. But happy that he lived in "paradise" with you and your family for so many years. I'm sure he died a happy cat. :)

xo
di

Susan said...

So sorry to hear about Mooli. I hope my little Milo has met him and is showing him around up in kitty heaven. Sounds like he had a pretty good life while he was here. It is never easy, even if you live in the country and perhaps experience the loss of animals more often than some. The painting is a lovely memorial to Mooli. Take care.

Jenn said...

Oh Lulu...I am so sorry!!
I love the idea of Mooli and Susan's little Milo hanging out in kitty heaven.
Sending you lots of hugs:):):)

xoxoxo...jenn

Dada's place said...

I'm so sorry about your Mooli. I'm sure he had a great life with you and your family. Your painting is just gorgeous!
Best wishes!

blueberries in the fields said...

l'histoire de tes deux jolis chats est tellement mignonne et émouvante tout a la fois. j'adore cette peinture que tu as créé en mémoire de Mooli. Je suis certaine que tu vivras d'autres moments inoubliables en compagnie d'autres chats qui ne demandent qu'à se faire aimer.

Fatt Daddy said...

Really love your paintings!