Monday, September 29, 2008

CANDY CORN AND CANDIED APPLE SHADES EVERYWHERE ...

The weekend has been pretty busy ...

Tomorrow is Ulysse 12th birthday, and around his anniversary, it seems everything is happening in a rush ...

the last bits of warmth at night ... the last bright red apples in the orchards around ... the last silence in the morning before the hunters arrive ... the last marigolds untouched by the ground-frost ... the last hot rays of sun on our back ... the last peeps of the frogs in the pond ... the last explosion of colors everywhere before all is blanketed in white ...

It was a big weekend for family and friends coming over for a day in the country, a wonderful gathering happening each year, celebrating my son and my husband getting old of a year and kinda mourning the summer already gone ...

There is not a day that I do not marvel at a hue in a sugar maple leaf, a certain kind of pink in a vinegar bush, the buttery yellow of the bare fields ...

People wonder if Indian summer has arrived yet but no, it only arrives after 5 days of above-normal temperature, previous ground frost and when the leaves have all fallen. So we should have another mild spell coming for one last time ...

Thanks so much to all of you guys for sending great comments, wishes and encouragements about my new Etsy shop. And thanks to you all for purchasing my prints! I am so happy, I can not believe how well I have done in just a few days of sale!

I have been working hard in my studio at two different commissioned pieces of which I can not talk to much about nor show pictures, since both will be gifts ...

I should be posting a few more original paintings in a day or two, I am just not working as fast as I would like to ...

3 comments:

sweetmango said...

Lulu...I just am so in LOVE with where you live. It is so breathtaking...I could crawl into one of your photos, pull a blanket of nature over me and be blissfully happy.
xxsm

Véro/bermick said...

Les couleurs sont magnifiques et la récolte est bien généreuse ;-)

Fantastic Figments said...

WOW what wonderful pictures. What state do you live in the foliage is sooo wonderful!... Looks like it was a setting for a wonderful time!

Smooches,
Steph