Sunday, August 3, 2008

SUMMER IS SUMMER ...

... and it is so hard to stay in place and work! Busy, busy, we keep on hoping from one spot to another, having plenty of time for summer but not much time for anything else...

We came back home yesterday from a visit to Quebec City to check on stuff that needs to be done. Tomorrow I am taking Ulysse and his cousin Charlie to the beach in Maine where we will be gone till Friday. Hopefully, the weather will get better... It rained 22 days in July, a record of all time.

I hope you are all having a wonderful time.

Remember to take some time each day to stop and smell the flowers around you. Life is short, so is summer...

I will have so much stuff to talk about and show you once I am back for good in my studio! I have been working on some neat paintings and other new stuff too. But...

GOTTA GO !!!

5 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Bonnes vacances dans le Maine !!! I hope the sun shines on you and the boys there ! As you go south to New England, I am heading north to Mont Tremblant for a week at my petit cabane dans le bois a Lac Bibitte ! (Cute, eh ? And yes, there are many, many bibittes !). I too am hoping for sun ! But whatever the weather, I love summer and smelling those gorgeous flowers !
Cheers,
Kim

Susan said...

Love this photo. Hope you all have fun. Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to. Take care.

Carol B. said...

Lulu, my "babies" are big, so yes, enjoy your son and your summer!
Can't wait to see your new stuff!
Carol B.

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

Ah Lulu, you make me feel better about my summer! I've been too busy to do anything besides hang out with the kids. But that's the whole point right?
Tracy

Robin said...

I really enjoy checking in here. Have a great time, BTW, my summer has been exactly the same - busy busy (but fun) and very rainy!