Tuesday, August 12, 2008

3 HAPPY ANGELS ...

I have been dying to show you these 3 paintings but one of my favorite buyers, Beth, who had ordered them had not received them yet and I did not want to spoil her surprise.

She had commissioned them a while ago, one painting of each of her 3 girls to be mounted side by side as a triptych. One for Ruby, who loves pink and ice cream, one for Violet, who loves violet and her look-alike doll and one for Lulu, yes, Lulu, who loves turquoise and is simply a very happy and sweet girl.

I had a great time working on these 3 large canvases, finding the right bits and pieces of paper to collage at the right places, giving them a we-are-sisters look and sizing them to the right proportion, from the eldest to the youngest.

Well, just before leaving for the beach, I received a fantastic email from her to let me know how much she and the girls fell in love with the paintings. Each of the girls had her own parcel to open and they were delighted!

Now that the paintings have been delivered, I can show them to you all.

Don't you wish you had three pretty angels like these?

Thanks Beth for your wonderful confidence in me and your appreciation of my art.

And thanks, girls, for letting me make wonderful paintings of beautiful little ladies!

7 comments:

mystele said...

so beautiful, Lulu!!!

Diane Duda said...

they are wonderful! i'm sure the girls just love them.

xo
di

Dada's place said...

The paintings are gorgeous! Ruby, Violet and Lulu are very happy girls.

Carol B. said...

Ohhh, Lulu, so beautiful! I love your Happy Angels!
Carol B.

bLu eYd YoGi said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
love.
e

Heather said...

Hi Lulu! So nice to meet you. These paintings are so sweet, and I love love love your Fridas! Your work is so sweet!~

Bettina said...

Hi,Lulu...so wonderful your angels!Im so happy with your paintings...Ilove so much your Fridas!!!!!Please,more;)