Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FRIDA LA SIRENA ...

I worked all day on this painting, refusing to look outside at the beautiful day through the window, refusing the invitation from the guys to go take a swim in the pool in the afternoon, even declined a nice cool bottle of Margarita Cooler Francois offered me before supper...

Summer is a tough time to work inside for me. There is so much stuff to do outside, so many moments to take advantage of while the summer days are here. Summer is the perfect season to be a beach bum, spending most days in bathing suit barefoot, eating at the hours you are hungry, taking a nap when you feel sleepy, spending time doing not much more than be happy. But...

I find it very difficult to go back to my studio if I take a too long pause away from it. Of course, the more you work, the better you get, the faster you become, etc...

So, I am going half-way this summer and it will be perrrrfect! I will take the time to sniff the flowers when I feel like it, I will go and do stuff with Ulysse when we want to, I will maybe sleep a little later in the morning... In other words, I will do as I do each month of July and August. I will live and love every single moment of the season but to make up for it, I will try to be a little faster in my art, take decisions about colors and composition with my guts more than with my brain and will stay away from Popsicles and Space Bars so I can work with both hands instead of just one ;-)

Frida la Sirena is available on eBay for 99 cents! Yes, only 99 cents! I used string on this piece, aluminium foil and all kinds of paper. I think it turned out pretty good!

Hat, Flowers and Cats is also available for 99 cents, there was an error in the listing and I decided to put it back on eBay.

Ok! Now that I am done for the day, I will go and grab myself a nice Dulce de Leche Ice Cream bar and play Runescape on the net with Ulysse.

Ahhhhh! I wonder why I like summer vacations so much...

5 comments:

bLu eYd YoGi said...

i LOVE Frida! she's crazy beautiful! I loke your work ethic too! i spent HALF the day at the beach with my kids yesterday~
BEST~
e

Jenn said...

ooooh Lulu!! She is so fabulous! I love her funky tail so much! Hope you enjoyed that Dulce de Leche bar...go have another one:) You deserve it:):):) Happy weekend to you!! xoxo...jenn

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

Ahhh! This painting is wonderful!
I love all of the different papers.
I too am having a difficult time staying indoors to work. Sometimes I pack up some supplies and take them to the patio.
Enjoy your day!
Tracy

Robin Westphal said...

I love your site.... and I love your paintings! So inspiring and colourful!

love.boxes said...

She is so darling!