Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BIG-CHEEKS MEXICAN CHERUB ...

I had a little white card in my mailbox this morning. It tells you that you have a parcel at the post office or something urgent that needs your signature ... So I drove down the hill wondering what I was not expecting to expect... When I got there, the girl could not find it. We looked and looked and finally I noticed a HUGE box sitting in a corner. Youppi !!! It was addressed to me !!!

I took it back home with me, leaving the back door open because it would not fit. When I got home and opened it, I almost died and went to heaven!!!

My friend Sylvie, who has travelled around the world 12 times (well, I am exagerating here a bit) and who's been to Mexico many, many times, sent me the most EXTRAORDINAIRE folk art angel from the state of Guerrero in Mexico, famous for its woodcarvers. It has a wingspan of almost 3 feet and is 2 feet high. It is a monster! And I love its big-rosy cheeks, its sensual pouty red lips, its detailed wings. Oh! I am so happy, I just can't believe this gift! I immediately hung it on the stone wall in the entrance of our house so it is right in your face to greet you when you are arriving.

MERCI, SYVIE MON AMIE, MERCI, MERCI !!! She is currently travelling in Bolivia and probably will not read this post right away, but still...

TU ES UN AMOUR !!!

3 comments:

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

Oh, what a wonderful friend she must be! A great gift indeed. Love the rosy cheeks and hair-do.
Tracy

Connie said...

I love that stuff! They have it all over Arizona here, but I never get tired of it...to me its beautiful! Your piece certainly is a treasure.

Peace & Love.

bLu eYd YoGi said...

Jamaica!? AWESOME! yes, yes, VEGGIES RULE!!! ~thanks for the advice on Molly ~ patience is the key.....inhale......exhale.....
PEACE&hugs~
e