Friday, June 20, 2008

VIVA FRIDA ! ! !

Viva el sol ! Viva la luna !

Viva el dia rojo ! Viva la noche azul !

Viva el angel ! Viva el diablo !

Frida angel or devil is available on eBay! Worked all day on it today, painting the last details and I must say I am very happy with it.

I love the split image of bad/good, red/blue, devil/angel and I think Frida would approve of it. She was the perfect image of duality, soft/strong, gentle/mesmerizing, vulnerable/tough, child/woman ... She was a charmer, a seducer, a player yet she was a strong-headed woman, very capable and very talented. Very modern in her traditional Mexican fashion and in her of thinking and painting.

Strong, despite everything. A half-devil, half-angel woman artist.

I wish I could have met her, share home-cooked meals and a shot of tequila with her between two sessions of painting in her beautiful Casa Azul ...

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Wow! It's amazing! I love this new painting. She was a very interesting person and no one paints her personality as well as you do! :)

Couture de Papier said...

Love your artwork and blog
Denise Boston

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Love this painting of yours!