Thursday, June 5, 2008

TRIBAL CRITTERS ...

I strongly believe that what I am today is the result of a mixture of several previous lives ... No, seriously...

I think at one time I must have been Mexican. I am so inspired by this country, its people, its art, its land, its language...

Then, at another time, I must have been a native American, knowing the name of every plant and animal, crafting with natural fibers, being in touch with my soul and the entire earth, fishing and hunting and gardening daily and giving thanks to higher beings for my acts...

I must have also been a cavewoman, an animal of some sorts, with a somewhat bigger brain then the other species around me, a female cromagnon dressed in fur, barefoot, with unkept long hair, a basic mother, protector of my grotto and my children, companion of my mate, unknowingly part of the beginning of the humanity...
I believe this is the reason why I am happy with little daily miracles. Why I am a lover of nature in general. Where I got my crafty and creative flow. Why I am not a social or mundane person. Why I relate to the moon so much. Why I adore the water of rivers and oceans. Why my family is so important. Why I know who I am ...

I painted this image yesterday, tribal critters of all sorts, a bit mexican, native american and prehistoric ...

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

I swear that I'm half mexican myself. My parents say no.. but, you should see my house.. it says yes! :)

jean benabou said...

A really nice piece! Have you looked at Huichol art??? They make beautiful pieces like yours but with multicolored yarns...often pressed into wax..... The color is really nice:)

Susan said...

Very colorful, I love the background color. Thanks for the seeds, I am sorry I just got around to checking my p.o. box. Thanks again.

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

lovely painting! :)