Thursday, June 19, 2008

MY HOUSE IS A VERY, VERY, VERY FINE HOUSE ...

This morning I walked to the road to see if there was anything in my mailbox and when I turned back the sight of my house made me feel good and so lucky to be its owner. The sun was shining, it was crisp and humid and shiny from all the rain we have had in the past days and everything shimmered. My house looked beautiful! No neighbors close by, plenty of forest around us, a lot of peace and quietness all year round, nature everyday present and full of little pleasures and surprises... I am so lucky to have a place of my own, a place that I love to spend time at, a place that is safe, a place that really means home...

Coffee mug in hand, I walked back, stopping my the little pond to marvel at it. And a wonderful treat was waiting for me! The first waterlily flower was opened and its reflection in the water was breathtaking!

Such precious little miracles make me so happy...

I was looking at an old gardening journal earlier today and found this poem I had copied on its cover written by Nancy Byrd Turner...

I want to have a little house
With sunlight on the floor.
A chimney with a rosey hearth,
And lilacs by the door.
With windows looking
East and West
And a crooked apple tree,
And room beside the garden fence
For hollihocks to be!

This is just the perfect little poem...

I have been working on a new Frida Kahlo painting all day today and will be listing it on eBay tomorrow. This one is also a newer version of an older painting I had done when I used black outlines. I think you will like it...

6 comments:

Susan said...

Just stopping by to say hello and to say what lovely photos!

mystele said...

aiii! i love your house, too! what a gorgeous setting!

love.boxes said...

It's beautiful!

Jenn said...

sooooo lovely Lulu! What a treasure to be surrounded by so much beauty and nature:):) Just love that poem too!

Happy weekend to you!!!!

xoxoxo...jenn

Diane Duda said...

i love the poem and i don't think i've ever seen grass so green!
you deserve to live in just such a place! it looks happy just like you. :)

xo
di

redpearl said...

You have a lovely house! It looks like an artist lives there! ;-)