Thursday, June 26, 2008

FIREFLIES AND FULL MOON ...

I sketched this painting on June 18 when the moon was completely round and clear in the night sky and the first fireflies were doing their thing in the garden and around the house. The moon glow was so strong that I went with Ulysse to sit under the wild apple tree. There had been some rain earlier and everything sparkled and shined contrasting with the deep tones of midnight.

It was so pretty and so beautiful...

It reminded me of years earlier, when I was pregnant with my son and due to deliver in the coming days, I walked to the garden on the night of the full moon. I stepped on the big rock in the long flower bed, held my belly and stared at the round globe in the sky. And I thought that this was the last full moon I would be seeing without being a mother. That each full moon that would come after that one, I would have my own child to love and cherish...

Fireflies and Full Moon is available on eBay.

This week has been quite busy so far, getting in the groove of no-school schedule, picking up Charlie the Cousin to come and spend the week with us, spraining my under-foot with a shovel trying to dig out an old bush that does not like me nor my garden, picking up strawberries at the local U-pick, making jam and pink wine (an old French recipe to die for) and smoothies, and pies and eating them raw and working in my studio quite successfully, I must say.

Do you know Dani at Ambitions Design? I am the winner of her June Blog Giveaway !!! Yeah! I won her WONDERFUL Frankie ornament and I am so happy! If you do not know Dani already, make sure to check out her new Halloween-Christmas blog as well, SpOoKyTiMe JiNgLeS ! She is an AMAZING artist! Thanks Dani!

6 comments:

Connie said...

I love your blog. I love your art. I love that you wrote in your profile how you just about love everything. I know I'll visit again...drop by my blog and say hello!! I'd love to have ya!!

Peace & Love.

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

What a sweet story! Congratulations on your Frankie win. I can't wait to see what everyone has to offer over at Spooky Time Jingles:)
Have a great weekend!
Tracy

Marie Patterson Studio said...

A lovely painting and an equally lovey story to go along!
Thanks for stopping by to my happy dance!

nollyposh said...

OM Goodness... ReAllY gorgeous ArT from the HeArT! Vicki x

jean benabou said...

What a lovely memory! And a great piece!

~dani~ said...

You are very welcome..glad you like him! May he bring you and the family many smiles!