Wednesday, June 4, 2008

EXTREME SKATE PARK ...

It has been raining and raining and raining some more for days now. When the sun shows its nose again and heats up the nature it will look like a jungle out there... Good time for plants to grow but not so good for being outside to witness it. And it is supposed to get real hot this weekend and I can't wait! I LOOOOOVE heat and we do get it quite intensively during July and August with a mixture of high humidity. Some days, in the middle of summer, it gets so tropical that you would never believe the bad winters we get too.

Still no contact lenses, they are supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. It will be a real good thing to be able to see perfectly again. I feel like disabled person, I still can't get over the fact that even my glasses are broken... So, not much work has been done in the studio, lots of cleaning and reorganizing and other stuff I usually have a tendency to put aside...

Every day, after supper, around 7:30, I take the three dogs for a walk, two on a double-sided long leach and the other free. I walk down the road to my favorite spot than walk back home up the hill. I love it since it is the most beautiful landscape of the region and there are no houses on this path. The dogs really enjoy this moment and i do too...

This week, Ulysse has been coming with us on his skateboard. He loves skating but living in a rural spot with an unpaved road does not make it easy. So, he skates down the road and has a riot. When we reached the return point of the walk, he takes the dogs with him and they pull him, with my help. The scene is unreal, with all this nature space, and mountains and clouds, and fields, and the dogs and the birds flying by and my dear son skating quietly among it all...

I am so thankful for precious moments like this one...

3 comments:

ironbru1 said...

http://www.kiteskating.com/ The answer to dirt roads is big wheels!
I knew nothing about skate boards till I had a boy !(now 14)

love your blog

love.boxes said...

Skate boards are all kinds of hours of fun! I'm glad the U is one of those lucky kids whose parents teach him about the great out of doors. He'll have a happy life because of it. :)

Lee W. said...

I love those times of day- the quiet strolls. The weather here has been lovely, and being outside is just a joy.