Monday, June 2, 2008

#%@&!!*&#$%^+<&%@#!!!!!

Last Wednesday, I broke one of my contact lenses when I took it out of its case. Zut! I hate when I do that!!! I have been wearing contacts since I was 15 years old and I am pro at it. Lost one only once in a while and was always lucky to find it. One time, believe it or not, I lost it in my pool, did not panick and found it in the skimmer the day after. Another time, I dropped it in the sink hole, unscrewed the pipe under it and found it in the curved part of it. Even lost one in my black dog's hair one night and found it with the flashlight... So, no problem, I thought, I have a pair of spare ones!

BIG PROBLEM !!!! I had this pair of contacts made before I left for Mexico just in case... Well, thank God I did not have to use them... They are not mine!!! They were made for someone else!!! I got the wrong pair!!!

I called my optometrist right away and, duh!!!!, they said that yes, they were aware of the situation, were sorry, but were supposed to call and just forgot... So, all they could do is order the right pair for me and contact me when they were ready, which should be in a week or so...

ARE YOU CREAZY !!! I AM SO TOTALLY BLIND WITHOUT MY CONTACT LENSES I CAN BARELY WALK WITHOUT HELP !!! I AM NOT EVEN SURE I COULD RECOGNIZE MY SON IF HE WAS 10 FEET IN FRONT OF ME !!!

Sure enough, I have gone and seen a new eye doctor! I am supposed to get my new lenses tomorrow. I can't wait, this is such a bummer! I can not work at my paintings, can not read, can not operate normally. And here is the cherry on the sunday:

Hey, wait a minute! I have an old pair of glasses that I keep just in case. I never use them, I hate wearing glasses. I wore them so long as a child with all the inconveniences they caused me, that on top of me being the tallest in the class year after year.

So, I turned all my drawers hunting for them, MERDE ! where are they? I finally found them in an old beach bag I keep for no reason other than the Jamaican sand that is still at the bottom of it that I want to keep as a souvenir... I opened the glasses case and ...

Nooooooooo! The left lense in the glasses is missing! Can you believe it? The left side, just like the contact lense I just broke !!!

So, I guess all I can do now is be patient, get out of my studio instead of being grumpy trying to work, go outside and play in the garden.

Tomorrow, if it is a clear day, I will be able to see forever...

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Hello.. artists can't go around blind. You need a new pair of contacts and a new pair of just in case glasses. I'm so sorry for you.. how totally frustrating!

michelle said...

Aaaaargh! I guess frustrating!

jean benabou said...

I'm really sorry about your contacts...very frustrating! BUT wanted to say THANKYOU!!!! for the Hollyhock seeds! I can't wait to plant them!!!
Jean