Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A BANDAID ON MY HEART ...

A week has gone by since my last post and I have given myself the time to be sad and to heal a broken spot in my soul...

I have spent lots of energy drawing, painting, gardening and hiking, all good remedies for this kind of illness...

And I am feeling much better now. Of course, I was not born with a gloomy spirit so my energy is back, so is my positiveness and the smile on my face.

Ulysse is finishing primary school this Friday and I can not believe next fall he will be going to the BIG regional highschool in Cowansville. Ouch! My tender mother's heart! He will be the youngest student in the entire school, since he was born September 30 which is the cut off date. It worries me a bit than again I have full confidence that he will be doing just fine. He is a great boy. I mean teenager. I mean almost teenager...Time has gone by so fast...

So YOUPPI !!! school is finished !!! No more homeworks, no lunch to prepare, no worries about sleeping time at night. And plenty of time ahead of us to do tons of summer stuff. Oh! I love it when my kid is on vacations!

I just finished painting this little fairy painting, a newer and different version of one of the first paintings I ever sold online. You can bid on little Fairy Seated on a Leaf as well as on Angel with Black Cats on eBay, where both paintings are listed.

It is midnight, I have one cat sleeping in my lap, another snoring on my window sill. I can hear the sound of the water in my little pond outside of my studio and the songs of the frogs celebrating the summer solstice almost here and the tons of rain the month of June has brought us so far. I am going to sleep outside tonite on the deck, the full moon is just to beautiful. This way I get a front row seat to watch her show and it is way better than an Imax 3D presentation!

5 comments:

mystele said...

she is gorgeous! i love the vibrant colors of your art.

mystele said...

bonjour, lulu!!! comment ca va? je parle un peu francais...i actually studied it for quite awhile (highschool and a year in college), but I never had anyone to speak with. So, I've forgotten lots of it. So sad!!! i'm going to get some language tapes and listen while I'm painting! i'm starting with Spanish, though, because my oldest son is in a dual-language classroom at school that will allow him the privilege of being fluent in Spanish by 5th grade! My little one will probably do the same thing. So, I better learn Spanish...then I'm going to refresh my French knowledge. I love languages and cultures.

you asked me about my blog banner. a wonderful lady designed it for me, and you should check out her work. she takes donations rather than charging set fees. here's the link http://www.graphicallydesigning.com/

lulu, i look forward to getting to know you better!!! take care!

Kim Mailhot said...

Je trouve la fee magnifique !(sorry no accents on my key board..)I can feel her patience... How wonderful that you have turned to your art to help you get through your mourning time... So sorry about your friend...but glad to know you are finding your way back...

Vive les vacances pour toi et ton fils ! Les merveilles de l'ete nous attendent !
Cheers,
Kim
(Yes, I speak Franglais !;-))

Carol said...

Lulu, it is so good to see you back! We all missed you. I am so sorry for your loss, but I wish I had your amazing positive attitude. You help make life more beautiful for us all. And your new work is gorgeous!

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

hello!!!
lovely illustration, again!!! :)
thanks for you visit! come again whenever you feel like it! :)
and you can leave a comment in english. my spanish is not so good as my english.
big kiss from Portugal! :)))