Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FOR YOU, I AM A FLOWER ...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I AM YOUR SPRING ...

Upon returning from our Mexican vacations, I wanted to paint Frida once again, relying on fresh souvenirs of deep, rich and bold colors I had seen there.

It is 10"x20" and quite a nice size to work on and to display. This is my best Frida so far, my Spring Angel Frida with Flowers... And I just listed it on eBay !!!

Last Sunday was so hot, we spent our day drinking iced tea, diving in the pool (still melted-iceberg cold) and working outside at slow-mo pace. We slept outside most of last week but winter crept back on us Monday...

There is a saying in French that goes "En avril, ne te découvre pas d'un fil" which translates to "In April, do not uncover yourself of even a thread". Guess what? This morning, we woke up with below freezing temperature and a perfect little white carpet of snow. Thank God it disapeared by the end of the afternoon. Crazy, isn't it? One day it is 80 degrees F, next day it is down to 30...

I went for a walk with my dog Bibi , the clouds were just amazing and I needed to take a break from working. Bibi is just like me... She can sleep just about anywhere when she is tired. She fell asleep in the middle of the road !!!

I always take my cup of coffee outside in the morning, love to walk to my little pond that just thawed to see what little miracle of nature is happening in there. One day, it is the peeper that have laid eggs on the aloes, another the waterlilies that are showing their new glossy pointing leaves or the new sprigs of mint coming out from under a rock. Today I found this maculated salamander swimming lazily in the cold water. They are amazing! We get different kinds of salamanders and trytons but this one is my favorite! They look so prehistoric! This particular kind is not so common here and a protected specie. They live in dark humid locations like under rocks or old wood but when spring arrives, they seek water to mate and lay their eggs. Hopefully, this one will be a proud parent soon!

I promise, tomorrow I will show you more pictures of our Yucatan trip!

So many things to do in a day and so little time...

But you know that one, right?

4 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Cool salamander! And what a wondeful painting.
Cathy

Lee W. said...

that salamander is huge!

Susan said...

The salamander is a little scary for me. I would like to say I would hold one, but I'm not sure. I did hold a boa constrictor once. Glad your computer is back from it's rest. You always have such nice photos. Stay warm, or cool - whichever applies to your day. In spring, we never know.
In any event, have a great day!

love.boxes said...

Love this FRida!