Saturday, March 22, 2008

MY HEART IS BEATING A LITTLE FASTER ...

No turning back now, we are leaving for Mexico Thursday and butterflies are going round and round in my stomach... Sure, we go to Maine to the beach each summer, we occasionaly drive to New York City or to the Maritime Provinces, a visit here and there to France but... Mexico is where our heart flutters when it wants to feel free!

So, I have been practicing my Spanish, trying to get the rust out of my accent, and it is coming back to me fast. I learned it at school in high school, Spanish is a natural language to learn when you are French. Same as learning English, it was all around us when we were kids and when the whole family drove to Florida or New Jersey, my parents made a point for us to speak English only. That is how it goes...No shyness about speaking a new language, you must dive right into it!

Funny enough, I feel so inspired to paint lately, I had to stop yesterday and really get prepared but it was tough. There I was sketching yesterday night before going to bed... It will be nice to go back to my studio after two weeks of tropical inspiration...

I think the menagerie is feeling something is awkward and abnormal... They have been especially lovey-dovey (wrong spelling, I know) and have been following us everywhere we go. I can not sit without having a cat jump on my lap, well, quite easy actually when you have 5 cats...

Oh,oh! I must stop this writing and go play Mario Smash with Ulysse on his Wii. He got this game as an Easter present from my parents today and it is so much fun!!!!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Isn't it funny how you can get so inspired when you have the least time?! Hope you have a wonderful trip and Easter!

love.boxes said...

I can't wait to see what you will create when you get back!