Monday, March 17, 2008

I LEFT MY HEART IN MEXICO...

We are getting so excited about our coming trip to the Yucatan, my heart misses a step once in a while when I look at pictures taken while we were there already so long ago... Last time I was there, we stayed 3 months altogether in Mexico and I brought my colors and a large roll of canvas. I can not wait to swim in the turquoise waters of paradise! It will be so much fun to have Ulysse with us. He will have so much to experience! We are not staying in a ritzy hotel, non madame! we are getting a rudimentary cabana under the palm trees right on the beach and we will be meeting friends whom we met 20 years ago while traveling. They are all snorkeling and fishing maniacs, they have a zodiac boat to troll around and they are waiting for us. Ohhh! two weeks away from home seems like a long time... Hope our zoo will not get in deep depression while we are away...

I finished this Frida painting today and as usual, when painting something mexican, I went for the bold colors and played with the angel/devil theme once again. Can you tell I love skulls and skeletons? Anyways, it is now available on eBay and Etsy!

We had a lovely weekend, spent on reorganizing some corners of our house, making lists for the trip, looking at seed and gardening catalogs, walking and hiking outside in the darn-snow-that-will-never-melt-it-seems... At the end of last summer, I dug and built a small natural pond near my studio, which I can see while I am working. I can not wait for the ice to melt and see nature wake up in it. I got so many plants from natural bogs, ponds and streams around, after 2 weeks it looked like it had been there forever... I LOOOOOVE the songs of the peepers in the spring nights!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

I kinda feel like I left my heart in Mexico too.. but I've never been there. My husband lived there for two years and a love for that country just became part of our family experience. We always celebrat Cinco de Mayo with yummy homemade Mexican food. I love your artwork.. because it really has the color and the bright happy spirit that I feel in so many of the pictures that I see of Mexico.. especially in all the Mexican cookbooks I like to look through! :) Have a great trip! It sounds like 2 weeks of heaven!

michelle said...

What a fun trip! It sounds just wonderful! Have a great time. Come home and paint wonderful things for us!

Jenn said...

Hello sweet Lulu!! Thank you so much for your sweet message..do not worry another second about my package!! Take your time!!! I'm so excited for your trip....what a special treat for your family!! xoxoxo...jenn