Thursday, March 6, 2008

DAISIES AND LADYBUGS ANGEL

***sold***
I was inspired this morning by two spring hints appearing in my studio: daisies and ladybugs...

Of course, whenever the sun warms up the windows, nooks and crannies, ladybugs come out. The more warmth, the bigger their number is. I do not mind them, although they are not the ladybugs of our childhood. These are more orange with tons of black polkadots and they multiply like hell! They were imported from Asia to neutralize the aphid population in the gardens but they liked America so much that they stayed. They do not have any predator, they stink like crazy but ladybugs... will always be ladybugs, and you do not hurt ladybugs...

The second hint was a little plant that had been growning in one of the potted plants I brought back inside last fall, showed its first flowers this morning and they turned out to be the smallest, daintiest white daisies I have ever seen...

So, this is the story that goes with this painting...

It is now for sale on eBay, so check it out!

2 comments:

michelle said...

And it is so pretty! And I agree you just can't hurt a ladybug!

suze said...

Hi Lulu - thanks for stopping by my blog. And all of your kind words.I used to live across Lake Champlain from Vermont in upstate NY. And I also like licorice and white chocolate!
I got my big lady head on e-bay. I saw them at a craft show but they weren't for sale. They have a couple different kinds.Look under mannequin heads. She's fun.
suze:)