Thursday, March 20, 2008

BONJOUR PRINTEMPS !!

Another foot of snow or so fell today, once again, covering what had melted by a beautiful white blanket that we do not appreciate as much now as in the beginning of the season...So, I stayed inside and painted a new SPRING FRIDA WITH SUN that is available on eBay and Etsy. I wanted it to look like her hair was growing, leaves were sprouting on her strands of hair, flowers were opening and birds were chirping, with my favorites, a few ever-present skulls. Her heart-shaped earings are real metal hearts that I glued on the canvas. I think Frida lovers will adore this one, it is quite unusual...

So, no hiking, no shoveling, no walking around to smell the flowers, uh! I mean the snow. I AM READY FOR SPRING !!!

But I must confess, it is so beautiful outside, it reminds me of a Doctor Zhivago scene, with snow stuck on the surface of everything, from trees to old spiderwebs...

This might be my last painting before our departure for Mexico, I think I need to relax a bit and try to get everything ready, which is usually NOT my way of doing... I do not want to rush before leaving, I just want to slide into my beach bum suit slowly but surely...

No comments: