Tuesday, February 19, 2008

SCENE FROM A MESSY STUDIO OR WHAT A LITTLE BUG TOLD ME...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Really...this is what my studio looked like this morning... Messy but with a certain style, I must say, in involuntary tones of pink...a work in progress within a work in progress would be a good description of this scene...

I felt rotten again today, no energy and kinda whoozy with a constant sensation of walking on a floor covered 2 feet deep with soft marshmallows. No need to force it, painting was simply not going to happen today... I drew tons of sketches though, paid my bills, read blogs and replied to mails and simply rode the no-energy wave full moon usually brings me...

Speaking of full moon, you all know tomorrow around 10 p.m. eastern time, there will be a full eclipse of the moon. Meaning the Earth will cast a shadow on the moon which will completely hide it for a while...Which means the Earth will prevent the sun from shining on the moon...Ahhhhh! this is magic, I love it... The night sky and its never-ending deepness is magic... The sun setting on the horizon in bold colors and disapearing in a jiffy is magic...A picture of the planet Earth taken from far in space is magic... I wish I could embark on a space shuttle and experience being outthere in the dark skies, far, far away... Oh, I should have been an astronaut...

I will be getting my camera ready tomorrow night and will sit outside in the snow to try to catch a glimpse of that magic... The next lunar eclipse will be on September 28, 2015. Ulysse will then be 2 days short of being 18 years old !!! Arghhhhhh! Let me run to his bed right away and give my big baby a couple extra kisses while he is still a kid!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A little bug told me today that spring is coming! We have been visited by these strange little soldier bugs for a few years now and they keep appearing in our house when we do not expect them, right in the middle of winter! One of them came out from a tiny nook around my studio's window and stayed on a jar of turquoise paint, basking all morning in the sun, reminding me of an old lady catching rays by the pool. I love insects of all sorts, they do not horify me but rather fascinate me. This one moves slowly and her limbs seem to be completely independent of each other. They also react to movement, a little like a lizard and I feed them apple pieces which they seem to adore. When I checked on her at the end of the day, she had returned from where she had come, probably with a nasty sunburn and a hangover from sipping too much cider...

5 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the heads up on the eclipse. I didn't know. I just might have to hang out in the cold, also. Hope you feel better. I'm sending you positive thoughts. Hope that helps.
Susan K.

jaYne said...

I just love the idea that you feed the little bug... You are a nice person.... And I feel sorry for the chicks in the tree. I too am looking forward to Spring...

love.boxes said...

Cute. You just shouldn't sunbathe for too long as tempting as it is. :)

tascha said...

What a sweet kitty you have!
I hope you are feeling better soon!
(((hugs)))

Rose Fávero e Alessandra Scarpin said...

Lulu, madei pra vc uma mensagem no seu facebook, leia com atenção, é sobre esse bichinho que vc encontrou. Leia, é importante.
Obrigada
Rose
rose.favero@yahoo.com