Friday, February 8, 2008

MY &@!!?*%!%?@@&^&bip%?":$&#@^bip COMPUTER ...

FINALLY, my computer works !!!

I CANNOT believe it ! I died 9 days ago, when we had a minor power outage due to real gusty winds. It just ceased to live suddenly. But I took care of it right away, called Dell and asked to talk to a technician. I was almost sure the modem had crashed, you know the little gadget that permits your computer to dial and connect to the net. But they did not agree. They said there were 98% chances it could be fixed through the phone. So, for 8 days, EVERY DAY, I spent a couple of hours trying different tactics, diagnostics, installations, downloads and patches. EVERY DAY, a different technician, as nice as possible, would give me new hope, with new plans and potions and miracle solutions. And EVERY DAY, it did not work. So, when I got tired of it all, when I lost confidence and I guess, when I suddenly transformed myself into a computer geek, I told them politely to go fix someone else's computer. I went online, found the @^#%%$ modem for $4.00 on the net, paid for overnight shipping, got it today, unscrewed the door where my laptops hides its little secrets, and changed it. Francois and Ulysse were holding their breath, dreading what creature I would turn into if the thing did not dial up ...

AND IT DID ! IT WORKS ! MY COMPUTER IS ALIVE !

I think I will bronze the tiny screwdriver I used to open the sacred tiny door of my computer from hell and will make it into a little trophy that I can put on a shelf nearby to look at to remind me that

If I can fix my computer, I can do anything !!!

5 comments:

Victorian Lady said...

Hey Lulu,
Have any spare time to fix my computer too? lol Congratulations...that is huge! I don't think I would have had the nerve to open that tiny door..too afraid I'd lose everything.

Mere

Susan said...

I am proud of you. You really are brave to do this yourself. Glad your Dad is doing better. Glad you are back.
Susan K.

michelle said...

You are the girl! Way to go, I love when women's intuition tops computer savy! Glad to have you back!

Lee W. said...

you go girl!!!

Jenn said...

yippppppppeeeeeeee!!!!
We missed you:):)

xoxo...jenn