Tuesday, February 12, 2008

BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT ...

Papa's health was going up and down, up and down but today turned out to be a VERY good day, lots of improvement movement-wise and he is regaining his appetite, which he had completely lost since Tuesday, February 5 when he had minor stroke. I inherited my positive outlook on life from my dad. And when he got sick, I thought for a moment he had lost it, I almost did not recognize him. But tonite, he called me just to say bonjour and the shine had returned in his voice. His inner sunshine is back...And I am very happy about it.

I was able to manage half-days in my studio almost daily since his accident and whipped up a couple of very good sketches for new paintings. Was also able to finish a couple of in-progress pieces and a bunch of little things I have been putting aside from week to week. So, I should be able to list a new painting on eBay Friday and maybe more. I miss painting full day.

My YEAR OF THE RAT ART EVENT CONTEST IS STILL ON, simply postponed till February 21 2008. I will get back to you with details on how and where to post a picture of your rodent creation. I am sorry I had to delay but too many things happened at the same time and I can only split my personality in 5 different pieces, not more!

Ulysse and Vicki worked on new creations lately and we just mounted them on my studio wall. I just love them!

On a last note that will make you laugh: The title of my last post was "I love you big like this", also the title of a painting I had a picture of. Well, I got quite a few comments when I checked my email the morning after and I just could not believe them! One was from IYAMYOURMAN, another from BIGBOOBSAMTEUR.COM and a few more from writers I do not dare type the name here! Well, I guess that is what happens when you translate from French to English word for word... Oh la la !!!

8 comments:

michelle said...

So glad he has the shine back in his voice! yeah! What a funny response to your last post! So funny! Can hardly wait to see the next painting!

Jenn said...

Lulu...you poor thing! I'm so glad your Dad is doing better. Keeping you all in my thoughts!!

SO funny about your new "friends"...hehehehe!! How gross is that!? Luckily you have comment moderation enabled:):)

xox...jenn

Diane Duda said...

I didn't realize all this was going on. Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

I love the new "creations" and can't wait to see your newest painting.

Have a very happy Valentine's day!!!

xo
Do

Danita said...

I'm glad to hear he's getting better :)
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day!

Lee W. said...

glad your papa is better!

Susan said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Glad your Father is doing better. Hope this is not too much pressure on you, at this time, but... I was given the “You Make My Day” award by a fellow blogger and would now like to pass it on to you.

You “Make My Day” – with each and every entry you make. I am inspired by your blog. I look forward to visiting you on a regular basis and being a part of your talented and creative life. Thank you for sharing your world with us.

The rules for the "You Make My Day" award are to re-present it to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on.

We love your blog.
Thanks, Susan K.

sUz said...

LuLu,
So glad you're back (girl power rules!) and that your Dad is improving!
Happy Valentine's Day!
iN jOy,
sUz

Susan/sweetimaginations said...

Glad to hear your dad is better!

Just a note...there is a big eBay strike until after the 25th where many folks aren't buying or selling in protest of the higher final value fees and not being able to leave negative feedback for non paying bidders (or any bidders anymore). Might want to postpone the Year of the Rat event until after that date to get the best turnout and most bids!