Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY TODAY WAS....

Full of sunshine, bitter coldness and glittery snow. All that is needed for a perfect winter canvas collage. But guess what? I am still on vacation and will only go back to my studio when my son goes back to school next Monday. This is a yearly must... Can't touch that!!! So, we went down to the pond today and skated around and around and around and did figures and played hockey and goofed in the snow. I love to think that taking care of the pond during winter keeps it alive during these wonderful months where it usually sleeps nonstop...

Oh yeah, it will be fun to go back to work with paints and brushes and glue and glitters. I am happy to have quite a few commissioned paintings to start the year with and have P L E N T Y of ideas for tons of canvas of all sizes. Actually, shhhhhhh! I will tell you a secret: I CAN'T WAIT GO BE AN ARTIST AGAIN !!!!

But I have a Crazy Eight card tournament appointment tonite, then a ski day tomorrow after a late sleep in the morning, than a visit to a special bakery in Montreal to get the Epiphany galette to celebrate Jan 6, you know that French tradition where you bake a flaky pastry with creme d'amande and hide a little porcelaine statue hiden inside. The one who finds the fève (the bean as we call it in French) gets to be king for the day and receives a paper crown and a surprise gift. We love this celebration of the departure of the three wise men who came to visit Jesus and his lovely family to go back home after the party. It closes the Holiday Season on a fun note. My parents come over in the afternoon and I always get a big surprise back from Archie McPhee full of silly and crazy toys that we plunge into after stuffing ourselves with the cake.

Oh la la !!! I hate it when I am so busy when I am supposed to be doing nothing ....

No comments: