Tuesday, January 22, 2008

OH ! YOU LITTLE DEVIL YOU ...

One of my resolution for the year 2008 is to cross out one of the 7356 little things on my "to do" list EVERY DAY. I am such a procrastinator that if I do not anchor myself with firm obligations I will be spending the rest of my life floating in the never-never world... ONE littlethingaday! That is what I have commited myself to. Of course, I am not talking about my list of 8205 medium things to do or my list of 3214 BIG things to do...

Today, I finally framed a drawing my son made in 2005, my favorite of all time entitled BIG DEVIL. He also painted a small devil when he was very young and as soon as I find it among the tons of other drawings I have kept away in boxes, I will add it. This one measures 18" x 24". I love this dessin, love his devilish smile, love the warm colors applied to the back ground, love the way the beige paper has turned yellowish. Also love this fake wood frame I found together with the light fiberglass fake-glass for a quarter. It is now hanging on top of the day bed in my studio and it makes me happy when I look at it. I haven't met a devil that I didn't love yet...

Today was a VERY good day of work in the studio, turned out I was able to start and finish a new painting and finish 2 more that were half-way there. I was out of batteries for my camera so I will show them to you tomorrow. A very good productive day indeed...

4 comments:

michelle said...

Isn't kid-art the best! And I love that it does make you smile! Good for you, cross one off! And excited to see what you have done!

love.boxes said...

I adore your artwork! It's so fabulous!

Susan said...

I am such a procrastinator that if I could actually do one thing a day, I couldn't make myself cross it off the list. I'll do that part tomorrow.
Love the art and am so glad you are feeling better!
Susan K.

catboxartstudio said...

How cute is this? I just love kids art, think it's the best and when it's framed, even better! I love this little devil!