Sunday, January 20, 2008

IT IS ALIVE....

Yes, I can officially say that I am feeling better today! Bright and sunny and cold day, I went outside for a 4 miles walk, well dressed and accompanied by my 3 dogs. Came back feeling great with all the bugs and bacterias and microbes expelled from my system. I feell like a NEW ME! Which is usually quite dangerous! It makes me do crazy unusual things (like mountain biking down hill in winter), say outrageous things (like, as I read written in graffiti on a wall in Montreal "Women who would like to be treated as men lack ambition) and act like a wild woman (one time I went out to get bread and milk and came back with a boyish hair cut dyed it blonde). Tomorrow, I am diving head first in my studio and will be working as hard as I can with as much fun as I can...

Talked to Andrea today and Babette is doing just great, sleeping on her bed, eating her food, making a mess everytimes her 125 pounds body moves from spot A to spot B in her small house. We finally figured she is a female brindled Bull Mastif of around 1 year of age, unspayed. She could have gotten lost but so far no one as responded to our ads placed everywhere. She is quite a valuable dog, pure bred, so it is surprising that someone would have left her there abandoned. Will have given no clues in the adds that she is unspayed, some people are looking just for that kind of free deal, young female ready to give birth to many, many puppies who will each fetch a little bunch of money. The ads say we found a BIG dog, please call.... If she is not claimed next week, a bunch of us together will get her spayed then we will try to find the best home for her which should not be hard considering the kind of dog she is. Andrea might keep her too but she already has a Kane Corso (BIG dog) and two Jack Russels who are terrible little devils. But what is important is she is well kept, given LOTS of love, well fed, protected and taken care of...If only all the dogs and cats abandoned could all find a little swell paradise like she did...

3 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Glad to hear that you feel better and that Babette is doing well.

I'm not ignoring your Rat proposition, I just don't want to make promises I can't keep. :) So, rodent thoughts are bouncing around in my head and if one happens to land on a canvas you'll be the first to know!

xo
Di

michelle said...

So glad you are feeling better! You do have to watch out for the rebound effect. I sometimes accomplish all sorts of things after having been sick. Glad puppers is doin well!

Jenn said...

yaaaaay! You are feeling better! Sadly I am coming down with some sort of crud now...boo hoo for nasty colds!!! Love all you new things lulu...you are soooo talented!! xoxo..jenn