Friday, January 25, 2008

FRIDA LA MARIPOSA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
for sale on eBAY !!! I am out of time tonite, I am sleepy and I must finish a commissioned painting for tomorro. I have been going to bed so late this week, 4 a.m. 3 nights in a row, then waking up at 6 a.m that I feel I am turning into a creature of the dark... It is alright, tomorrow is Saturday, youppi ! I can stay in bed later, like 6:30 intead of 6:00, I can relax in front of my computer to read ya'all's blogs, leave comments and chat a bit via email. I love my Saturdays...

Ohhhh, I am having a good old time with this new way of painting. I am so inspired these days, I could paint the entire world one canvas after another! I have put all my heart in this new Frida Kahlo painting I listed tonite on eBay (maybe on Etsy too later), painted it with bright Mexican colors and added all kinds of collaged bits and pieces. I had done the sketch a few months ago after reading a short text written on Diego's loved one. The author said that Frida was a pinned down butterfly and that if she did not have strong feet she did have beautiful wings to fly. So I added the words Tengo alas para volar which means I have wings to fly and Soy una mariposa herida which means I am a hurt (or broken down) butterfly ...

8 comments:

catboxartstudio said...

Another beautiful Frida! Love the bold colors, the skulls, all of it!

Ruby said...

WOW, I am not even a big Frida fan and she is amazing. What a great job! Have a relaxed Saturday. Beth

michelle said...

So beautiful! Love all the happy colors, your collage and text!

Jenn said...

Really love all your new paintings Lulu!! I just got my "ebay favorite sellers new items" email from ebay...what a special treat when I opened it to see your gorgeous Frida!! I ran right over to your blog to tell you!! xoxo...jenn

catboxartstudio said...

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog LuLu and I completely agree with everything you said. Your blog is one that didn't get the boot - you're a keeper!!

sUz said...

LuLu,
She is my favorite Frida yet! I love her braided hair antennas - very clever!
iN jOy,
sUz

Emily said...

this is so charming! the colors the sculls... but other have said this before me. oh bother! I just like it!

love.boxes said...

Oh is that ever stunning!!!