Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BYE BYE BABETTE !!!

Babette was still here this morning, she did not even make a move to return to where she is coming from. And I will tell you, she is not as shy as she was yesterday! Ran, barked, played with the other dogs, jumped, ate everything she found, acted like a real dog. She is adorable, a nice girl but she is so big and we have 3 other dogs and other animals, and it sums up to a lot all together. So...

I called my friend Andrea, who had already called about 53 times to no avail. And she answered! Andrea is a dog person, even a cat person, she lives alone with lots of space and love to share. I told her about the dog and asked her if she wanted to have another dog for a while. She screamed out of her lungs that the last thing she needed was another dog...but that if I made her a cup of my best-in-the-world coffee, she would come and take a look at her. A couple of minutes after she had arrived, they were already kissing and hugging. Andrea will move the world for an animal, she already has 4 dogs and 2 cats but she went back home with a dog cookies box in one hand and a dog leash in the other. We push and pull and shoved the big Babette until she could squeeze in her tiny insect green car and they left both with a big grin on their face.

Thank God for people like Andrea... she is the Mother Teresa of the animal world. In the mean time, I will still try to find if someone is looking for Babette and Ulysse and I will be posting adds everywhere we can in case some is looking for her.

Tonite, I have a nasty soare throat, something I haven't had in many many years, reminds me of the days my mom would make me suck on ice cubes to take the pain away. So, no work tonite, I am going to bed with my book at a reasonable hour.

It is so much fun writing and knowing there are many people interested in what I have to say, show and tell. I love hearing from you all and I will be answering your comments tomorrow when I feel a bit better. I am so excited to hear quite a few people will be participating in my YEAR OF THE RAT ART EVENT CONTEST! Pass the info around about it, it is opened to anyone who wants to be creative in a rodent way!

I am so happy Babette will be sleeping inside a house tonite...

Bonne Nuit Babette, fais de beaux rêves....

3 comments:

annas dreams blog said...

I was wondering what happend to Babette, and Im glad she found a nice home where she will be loved. Really Thank God for people like your friend.

Lee W. said...

glad you found her a place to go. What a terrible thing, to drop an animal off like that! She seems like a sweet girl.

michelle said...

It is fun to have people visit you and be interested isn't it?! So glad she found a good home. I have a yucky cold too, that time of year I guess. Off to bed!