Friday, December 14, 2007

REJECT ART...

That is pretty much what my son Ulysses calls this kind of art. He is lucky to have a mom who keeps everything and is a maniac about nature samples and old rusty things. And he is also lucky to have a godmother, Vicki, who is a performer, dancer, singer, painter and above all, assemblage artist. We both have worked on reject art with Ulysse and he is pretty good at it.

The little monkey is his own creation, made of knick-knack of all rusty sorts.

We worked on the mask together, started with bark and added moss, sea glass, twigs, seashells to make our Nature Warrior Mask.

The bird was a gift from Vicki to Ulysse for his birthday, made of bones of all kind and some other components, all brought back from Gran Manan Island in New Brunswick.

Making this kind of art is our favorite and it is very addictive...

Switching to a totally different subject, I just wanted to tell all of you readers and fellow bloggers that I am enjoying this little task of daily writing very much. And I looooove hearing from you. I am amazed at how rapidly the circle is enlarging, I am now hearing from people I did not know about 2 weeks ago and selling to a totally new clientele. Thanks a bunch for stopping by, this is so much fun !!!

Oh oui, I worked all day and was able to finish most of the remaining paintings due for delivery.

And of course, it is snowing once again...

2 comments:

Lee W. said...

holy cow- so much snow!! The rusty art stuff is very cool! I thik I'll do some this summer wioth my 4 yo- he loves to do projects when I'm working on things. Santa might be bringing him art, supplies...

Susan said...

Hi, this is my kind of art. I am thinking of making a tiara from all the lost keys I keep finding. Keep it coming, we love it.
Susan K.