Wednesday, December 19, 2007

PAINTING FOR MY FRIEND JOHANNE...

My friend Johanne is an incredible person! She works at home, has two kids, owns a beautiful house where she does everything by herself, painting, fixing problems, land work with the tractor, gardening and above all, she practices sports of all kinds, serious cycling, skiing, tennis, mountain hiking, etc and is a mean cook. She is almost a single mom, her husband is never home, he's got this farming business that leaves him absolutely no time, which suits her just fine ;-) But above all, she is ALWAYS in a good mood, always positive, always charming, always happy.

She had commissioned a painting for her home office, just something fun that describes her, and I finished it today. This will be my surprise gift to her for Christmas!

I promise I will be writing longer next week, when I am on vacation at home with my family. I have a few projects I would like to work on, not paintings but maybe a few assemblage-sculptures and a memory jug lamp base that I have been putting off starting for a year now. I am so tired tonite, I fell asleep on my chair holding my paintbrush in the air...Well, I guess even a hardworking artist full of determination can no go to bed many nights in a row at 3:30 am, wake up at 6:30 am to prepare my son's lunch and expect to be fresh like a rose...

Je cogne des clous (French expression which means I am hammering nails, i.e. my head is nodding like a hammer cause I am so tired)...

2 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I feel so lazy after reading about your friend. :)
She will love the painting.

Also, wow, that's a lot of snow!!!
Get some rest!

xo
Di

TJ said...

That is too cute! She's going to love it.