Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'M DREAMING OF A PINK CHRISTMAS...

Look at the pink Christmas tree I found at Walmart !!! There were about 50 of them on a shelve and I bet you they did not even sell one to someone else than me ! 97 cents, can you believe it ! So, to dress it up, we went to the local $ store and found these incredible primitive wooden ornaments painted with crackled paint. They also had wonderful wooden Christmas push-puppets. And red doilies, 3 for $1. The trick with $ stores is when you get in there, you have to minate the surroundings and target your mind on single interesting items. I am always amazed at what I can find there. The Canadian stores are especially great. So we put a paper Santa hat on senor Skully, our wooden mexican skeleton, added Poquito Cabeza, the white rock shaped like a skull we found in a field nearby, et voilà! We now have our little Funky Pink Christmas corner à la mexicaine!

I should not even mention it, you will think I am either very redundant or getting old, but it has been snowing again, and I am talking lots of snow. Mixed with sleet Friday night and windy gusts today that caused power failure in our neighborhood. So, on Saturday, I slepped over with Ulysse at my parents place, the roads were real bad and today, no power, we stayed in pyjamas all day and goofed around. This is why I did not write a word on my blog for the past 2 days...

It is going to be another VERY buzy week, I put my feet in the plates (a French expression), accepted to doing another painting this week, this one due on Thursday... I will have to say no at some point or I will be spending Christmas day in my studio with my paint tubes and brushes. Hummm, I will never say no to an commissioned painting, I love too much working on them....

3 comments:

Lee W. said...

your tree is adorable- wish I had some blue ones for the little guys' rooms!

Amberjoon said...

My goodness - that snow! Snow like that is next to impossible here in Vancouver on the west coast!

I remember a trip to Montreal in winter years ago. The toilet in the hotel room was frozen solid. Hehe.

I have to say that i LOVE the skull rock you found! Wow - what a find! Looks great in your little Mexican Christmas corner!

I'm awaiting a couple of prints i bought from you, and i just wanted to say, i'm still lovin' your work!

Amber

LINDSAY said...

What a pile of snow! That's amazing. My husband took a peek, & is so jealous. He bought a very big manly generator for the house this year, I think he's looking forward to the power going out! Ha...men!