Wednesday, December 12, 2007

CHRISTMAS VACATIONS ARE...

coming soon !!!

I worked till 5 a.m. this morning, trying to finish a last minute painting I had an order for a few days ago. Then, woke up at 6:30 a.m. to prepare lunch for Ulysse and get ready for another big day of work. Hummm, not too many hours of sleep....

I rushed all day preparing 14 different parcels of paintings, left in a hurry just at the moment a snow storm was starting (again...), managed to drive to the US border, took them all across to Vermont, went to the post office in Richford, closed and sealed everything, put labels on, etc. and at the moment I was getting ready to pay my bill, I noticed I had an extra label but NO parcel to go with it !!! Panick attack !!! 20 minutes left before closing time, I ran to my car and found the forgotten parcel on the roof above the door, where I had put it when I had taken them all out of the vehicle. Ran back in a hurry, swearing, puffing, sweating, bitching and whining and made it on time!

15 minutes left to drive back to Quebec (goodbye, bonjour) across the border once again and pick up my son, as promised, at school. We stopped by at the grocery store and when I came time to pay, no wallet !!! Yikes !!! Got back in the car with Ulysse, drove once again trough the border (à bientôt, good afternoon), thank God I have been going through that same border office for more than 18 years now and I do not look like a terrorist ... Went back to the post office, the postmaster was waiting for me with a big smile and my wallet. All was fine. Well, now, you know the story... Went back to Quebec (see you again soon, bonsoir), in that same crazy storm and got home safe. And you know what? Santa had already visited my place while I was away and left a big gift bag of goodies, all decorated, and full of yummy-should-I-eat-this-one-before-this-one cookies, nuts, chocolate and candies. But no note, word or card...And we still do not know who did this....And in one of the glass pane of the front door window, an imprint probably left for last year's Valentine decorations, there was this heart

What a nice day we had, come to think about it :-) I am back in my studio for another long night, it is nice and cozy and warm and now I am sure fairies exist...

1 comment:

Lee W. said...

sounds like a crazy day. I still need to mail so much! I love that you come across the border to mail stuff! The gift of cookies sounds perfect- guess Santa really is watching!