Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ANOTHER PROJECT TO BE ADDED TO THE LONG LIST...

I think this Year of the Rat event will be great fun and just another reason to produce my best painting so far :-) So please pass the info on your blog and unto your artist friends, talk about it and let's rock!

I have been working and working in my studio but it just seems like everything takes me sooooooo muuuuuuuuuch tiiiiiiiiime......I sketched 5 canvases and to do something different, I started on them all together. NOT good! I seem to be going nowhere, adding a little bit on this painting, correcting a little something else on that one, and looking at them all at the same time and not getting to the point. Hummmm, not sure my English is so good tonite... Tant pis (meaning too bad)... So, I have put them all aside except one and I will not be looking at the others unless this first one is finished.

Look at the picture I found in an old Country Living magazine. This antique house is made of real playing cards glued together and illuminated by one tiny bulb. Ohhhhhhh!!!! I like it! Gotta make one during Xmas vacations, when the family in on the slow-motion mode. Loooove it! I went with Ulysse to the $ store and we bought 6 packs of playing cards with traditional blue or red backs. Imagine what you could do with tons of playing cards and a hot-glue gun???? It would make an incroyable light box. OK, I will add it to the list of 934 other projects to be done....

Ok, I am off to bake almond croissants for tomorrow morning. I love baking and I bake either muffins, cinnamon buns, croissants, scones or pancakes 3 or 4 mornings a week. I would have been a wonderful bed-and-breakfast hostess. Except I am not too crazy about being with strangers in closed confinements... And I would hate to clean the bathroom once they are gone...

A demain les copains!

No comments: