Wednesday, December 5, 2007

2008 - YEAR OF THE RAT ART EVENT

2008 will be the YEAR OF THE RAT, in the Chinese zodiac or horoscope. The year of the Rat will be a year of spending less and storing more. Just like the animal, when fall comes, it is time to put bits and pieces of grains and stuff away, just in case...

So, let's start the YEAR OF THE RAT ART EVENT !!!

Who wants to join in? Come on! All you have to do is produce one art piece on that theme in any medium you choose (collage, painting, knitting, assemblage, photo montage, anything). It could be Mickey Mouse, Rat Fink or Three Blind Mice. As long as we are talking rat, mouse, mice, country or city style. And on the first day of the New Chinese Year, February 7 2008, each participant will post a picture of their art, probably on a blog especially created for that event. There will be plenty of time after the holidays to work on it and I think it would be fun to go a little wild on the subject.

So, talk about it with your artist friends, pass the idea around and let's do it!

5 comments:

LINDSAY said...

I'm in! Very good idea :)

Jenn said...

Hi Lulu! I love Chinese Astrology and I am a rat...so I'd love to join in:) xox..jenn

Lee W. said...

this sounds fun! I will try to make something, and certainly post a link to this!

The Oddbird Studio said...

I just posted your idea and gave you credit on my blog .. I think it sounds like a fun idea. I love your blog.

LuLu said...

Glad I got participants for this event! I already started thinking about it...Thanks for the comments and for your interest in this Year of the Rat project, oddbird studio! I am curious to know who you are... Please give me your blog address, I could not link to it! Great to meet you!!!