Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A LITTLE WINTER DREAM

SOLD on Etsy!!! Thanks a bunch Beth! I was working late last night and as I was passing the windows in the living room, I stopped and looked outside towards the garden. When the moon lights the landscape, it is just beautiful but when there is snow covering the ground, it is so clear and magnificient....Walking outside in the full moon in winter when the weather is cold but not too cold is one of my favorite things...So, as I was looking outside, I spotted the 3 deers of the other nigh standing there like ghosts under the arch in the garden. It was a magical moment, a little winter dream...So, early in the morning, I went outside to find out what they were after. The apples left on the trees of course, but what seemed to interest them was the hops I grow on arches at both entrances of the garden. Of course, hops is used in beer making and it is said that a little pillow filled with dried hops flowers will put you to sleep in no time. Well, I know beer, especially the dark ales, make me sleepy instantly. And my grandmother told me that when she was girl, her grandmother would tranquilize teething babies with hops tea. So Ulysse asked me if I thought their prints in the snow were going straight or if they were zigzaging...Funny enough, there is a service in Quebec around the holidays, were some people give their time to drive home people who have had a drink too much. And it is called Operation Nez Rouge, which means Red Nose Operation. Well, that deer story and the Red Gros Beak birds who have now arrived in our feeders inspired me this painting, wich I listed on eBay and on Etsy where I will try it for a couple of days. Guess what? I LOVE this blog! It is so much fun to get comments or hear about new people I have never heard about before and discover their world. A bientot! LuLu

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Lulu, I love this new one! Love the assemblage you did with your son too. I love when my son Jake works with me on a project. Your sweet little Zoe is so gorgeous. I'm so sad she hasn't come home yet. Keeping you in my thoughts...

xoxox..jenn

Susan said...

What a sweet painting! Your work is lovely!!!

Cheri said...

I really like your work and I've tagged you to say five RANDOM things about yourself!

Lee W. said...

I popped over here after visiting Diane a t Duda Daze. I love you stuff- the winter subjects are so pretty! I loved the story about the deer, too. Sorry about your missing cats- how sad!

LuLu said...

Thanks so much everyone for the amazingly great feedback I am getting about this painting and for your good thoughts about my dear Zoe and the two other vanished cats...

I am not sure who Susan is... Is this Susan from Sweet Imagination? Give me a hint! If it is, I love your art!

Take care, all of you. LuLu

LINDSAY said...

Love this little painting! So cheerful.