Friday, November 23, 2007

Let it snow...

I just finished this little 8"x8" painting of a girl holding a snowdome. I am pretty happy with the results... The glitter varnish applied on the snow globe and the white fur gives a nice sparkly effect. I have collaged English words this time, "let it snow". My husband thinks that American customers will like my paintings more if the messages are in English rather than in French. Hummm, I am not so sure. I believe the French wording gives my painting a little something different. What do YOU think? I'd love to read your comments!
Well, for those who were getting worried that we would not be getting a white Christmas this year because of global warming, I say 'RELAX' !!! Boy, we have been getting some or a lot of snow daily now for the past 7 days and it is looking A LOT like Xmas...Here's a pic of my dog Bibi after a short couple of minutes stay outside.
And here is another snowy pic, this one of the garden and the chicken coop. Just beautiful, isn't it? It is always great when it is at the beginning of the season but when you get snow, like we do here, until early April, it does not look as pretty by then...
I am trying to finish another of my "message" angels, will try to list it tomorrow. Although I try to give my studio a break on weekends and spend more time doing other stuff than work. I am now off with the nail-studded tires on my car, must go down the hill, the road is covered with ice and I have no choice, I gotta go start my Holiday Shopping. I hate to do it at the last minute. Then, I will be picking up Ulysse at my parent's place, have late supper and maybe play a game of Scrabble with them. I looooooove Friday nights, they are so relaxed....
Talk to you again soon,
A bientôt!
LuLu

5 comments:

tascha said...

Very sweet painting! I like the French words, but English is good too. I think you should do some in French and some in English :)
What kind of dog is that? You sure got a lot of snow! Here in Toronto we just got a bit, but enough for the news to make it there top story LOL!
Take care!

catboxartstudio said...

Hi Lulu! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, www.chaosinacatbox.com. I appreciate your kind words about my art and website! Your art is fabulous, detailed, colorful and full of Frida so of course, I would love it! I will certainly make your blog a regular stop and by the way, welcome to blogland! I just have to comment on the use of words in your paintings. I have a tendancy to title alot of my work with Spanish titles (versus my native tongue, English) only because I think it's so much prettier and interesting. I say mix it up and use both French and English. The paintings are superb no matter what language you choose! Again, thanks very much for your compliments and welcome to blogland! One more thing, the snow is pretty, but, I like our sunshine here in Southern California a whole lot better!

Anonymous said...

Keep it French!!! I love it. I just want you to do more dogs...maybe a pug?! Think I need to talk to your about a commission. Love your new blog and etsy site. You have been busy. Hi from your San Diego collector(Rubylovespink).

Jenn said...

Lulu! Look at your sweet dog in the snow...SO cute! And your new painting is just adorable:)

Your sweet comment on my blog was so beautiful. Thank you so much Lulu and I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog and over on etsy!! xoxox..jenn

Deirdra Doan said...

Lulu,
Such a dear painting! Love the glitter on the snow globe.
I love Christmas and your painting really gives the wonderful feeling the season.