Saturday, November 24, 2007

LAZY....

Today, I didn't do much and guess what? It's ok! I wanted to finish a painting but by the time I was ready to sit down in my studio, something else caught my attention and finally, I just gave up the good intention. Needed a break day... I guess I was also a bit disapointed I did not get any bids on two of the paintings I had listed on eBay... Oh well, I guess it is normal not to hit the jackpot every time. Also, I hear a lot of sellers on eBay and Etsy are not selling as well as a few months ago, all this because of the price of gas and the financial situation. Are you feeling this happening or is it just me?
Today was a beautiful day all frosted and sunny. I thought our house looked so pretty I had to show a pic.
My son and I had a treat driving back home from a friend's place at dusk: there was a beautiful deer in our parking and two more eating the apples left on the trees. Just breathtaking, the scene was a perfect nature miracle, something to remind you that nature is always there and so important...
Talk to you all soon,
LuLu

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Lulu! It took me awhile to figure out the treasury myself...but once I did, I was so hooked! It is great if you are in one (and no, you don't have to do anything) because it just gives you more exposure. When you have a bunch of free time (hahahahaha...what exactly is that!?) here is a tutorial on the treasury: http://etsytreasurydemo.blogspot.com/

I really have been so busy lately...but I'm enjoying it while it's here. I feel a bit like a one woman factory...trying to churn all this out. I don't really work on more than 1 thing at a time...but I'll prep a bunch of canvases at once and then just dive in and start painting! I have way too many ideas floating around my brain and not enough time to bring them to life! I too am ready for a relaxing day!!!

Have a super happy week! Talk to you soon!! xoxo.jenn

LuLu said...

Thanks for the treasury info, Jen! I will check it more deeply when I have a minute...I see you are doing real well, on Etsy and on eBay. I am so happy for you! I work the same way you do, I will prep 6 to 8 canvas, spend a day on sketching, then paint one a day if at all possible. Of course, the less days you spent without painting, the faster you get and the better. The worst is when you stopped for a vacation and have to come back to the studio. I have done that last summer and found it quite though to return. But I do have other things happening in my life, and these things need time too. Have a great day! LuLu