Monday, November 26, 2007

I MISS MY ZOE...

My white cat, my dear companion and friend Zoe did not come back home on Halloween day. She went outside as usual early in the morning but never came back...2 years ago, she disapeared for 11 weeks, we were desperately looking for her everywhere. She came back with the first snow one morning and we never found out what had happened to her. It was like a little miracle.
We live on the Pinacle mountain, it is very wild around, we have the forest behind our house. We fall asleep to the coyotes's songs quite often, hear the owls laugh at each other and the deers chat among themselves so we do the fear the wilderness like some others might. I sleep outside without a tent as early as I can in spring and as late as possible in the fall, yet no animals has ever come close to us, except maybe a moose one time, but they are so gentle...
But the badgers and the martens have come back from the south, due to weather pattern and people keep on seeing them around now. They are ferocious animals, not that big, but they can kill a cat or a small dog easily...
The day our Zoe disapeared, the dogs were going wild with barking and running around. It started by our older black cat Moogwai not coming back after a night of rain about a month ago, which was unusual. The same day Zoe did not come back, our poor black and white and grey Pirouette never showed up either. We have been hopefully waiting to see them return home but we no longer have much hope to ever see them again...Well they had a good life, they were all found young, tiny and abandoned, they were spayed and well taken care. They had a wonderful life and we really enjoyed their company...
I finished two paintings today but did not have the right light to photograph them. The days are so short now, the sun goes down at 4:16 p.m. It amazes me that we can live with such a small amount of light. But I managed to take a picture of an assemblage I made with Ulysse. We salvaged the old rusted chicken wire from the coop, bunched it in a manageable form then added to it all kinds of rusted metallic bits and pieces, old glasses, dogs medals, old windchimes pieces, springs and nails and scissors and chains. We left it outside all summer to age it properly. We took it in today and mounted it on a wall in my (well, our studio - my son uses it almost as much as I do). We love the organic look of it and its weirdness...
It's getting late, I must try to go to bed earlier than 2 a.m. I fear I am going to look like an old lady before my time....
Take care of you all,
LuLu

2 comments:

A Fanciful Twist said...

I am so very sad for your cats. I grew up in a very wild desert and our pets always went missing. It was so sad. We had one cat, Caey, she survued 16 years in our home. Then disappeared one day.... I will say a little kitty prayer for them!

ps: The sculpture is wonderful!

Diane Duda said...

Lovin' your artwork... and hopin' your kitty shows up soon.

Di