Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED TO SAY FIVE RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MYSELF...

Bonsoir everyone!

The Deer and Red Birds painting sold pretty fast, I am so proud of this piece, I think it turned out to be one of my best paintings so far... I finished two more today but did not find the time to photograph them. Will be listing them tomorrow on Etsy and eBay.

I have to tell you how much I love my blog! It is so nice to get comments about my art and day to day life. I do not have to be on the phone (which I hate). I do not have to be away from my studio to get news and give news. The people I exchange with are people who are interested in my artsty life and with whom I generally have many similar interests, either art-wise or life-wise. I get to show my art to people I did not even know existed yesterday, people who's art I admired for a while and and people I now love to hear about. I think having a blog gives a totally new meaning to the word 'WEB'. I have been on the net since the beginning and I can not believe how fast my web is stretching...

I have been tagged by Cheri to say

FIVE RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MYSELF

Here they are:

1. I HAVE A NATURALIST PASSION

I collect rocks, branches, bark, seeds, nuts, bird nests, anything that comes from the sea and that has been washed ashore, sea glass, driftwood but especially bones and skulls and skeletons of all kinds. I have been know as the "Bone Collector" around here, because of my habit of picking them up in my old Lada Jeep whenever I spot some on the backroads. I think that dried up and clean bones at the seashells of the earth... They inspire me...

2. I USED TO BE A MODEL

Yep, when I was 18, I got hired by a modeling agency and worked in that field for a couple years. But I was not fashion-oriented enough and got tired fast of all the running around non-stop and the fake-people world...

3. I BELIEVE IN LOOOOVE

I have been with my husband for almost 25 years even though we have a 16-year age difference. Please take note here that we have been working at home in our respective studios all those years, which mean we have been together FULL-TIME for almost 25 years. Did you thing such a thing existed? 4. I WAS MEXICAN IN A PRIOR LIFE

No, but seriously, I have a passion for Mexico, the land, its people, its art and its history. 3 years in a row, I drove with my husband from Southern Quebec to the Yucatan in Mexico and spent 4 months there each time. We travelled throughout the country, tasted, smelled, experienced, loved, admired so many different things, people, feelings that I seriously think if I had a life previously, I must have been Mexican.

5. I AM A POSITIVE AND HAPPY PERSON

So positive that my husband says it hurts his teeth. There is so much gloom on our planet, we forget about the value of simple things like our family, the color of the grass, the brightness of the sun, the flights of the dragonflies, the smell of the hay, the sparkles in the snow. We forget that we find food to eat everyday, we can have a drink of cool clean water when we are thirsty, we do not have to plug our ears with our fingers to shut the noise of violence, war and death that so many other countries live with daily. We are lucky. And for that, I am thankful, positive and happy...

Well, my turn to tag someone and I chose Jen because I just love her art! Your turn Jen to say five random things about yourself!

4 comments:

Diane Duda said...

"hurts his teeth"! that's funny! :)
your random things make me happy and i feel more positive about my life just for having read them.

-you asked how long i've been painting and the answer is "not long". you can probably tell. :)
didn't realize i could draw a straight line until on the verge of turning 40! now i'm trying to make up for lost time.

enjoy your day!
xo
Diane

Jenn said...

hooray! this is so fun! I adore you and want to come over for a painting party!! I just saw that you tagged me:) Thanks Lulu!! I'll play along later tonight after I get the kids to bed...

Chat soon! xoxo.jenn

Lee W. said...

I love the 5 things about you! I esp. love the last one- about being positive! We have SO much to be thankful for.

Cheri said...

LULU;
I love your positive outlook on life! We do have so much to be greatful for in this world, and our beautiful country, Canada. Taking pleasure in the simple things that everone can enjoy around us (for free), is one of lifes greatest gifts! I also love nature and founds objects. I found this great peice of rust from the bottom of an old garbage can on my way home one day while riding my bike. I think if I was driving, I wouldn't have found it. It is shaped like the moon, and I have it hanging in my entryway with a dreamcatcher inside it. Have a wonderful day!

Cheri